Welcome to Shaohua's homepage!
I am a PhD student in Electrical &
Computer Engineering Department at The
University of Texas at Austin. I am a member of Computer and Vision Research Center under the supervision of Dr. J. K. Aggarwal.
I am currently working on image and video based classification problems. My resume is here .
- Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, August 2015.
- B.S. in Communication Engineering, Beijing University of Posts&Telecommunications, June 2011.
Teaching Award in Recognition of Excellence in Teaching, UT ECE, 03/06/2013
- Shaohua Wan, S. Sun, S. Bhattacharya, S. Kluckner, T. Chen, A. Kamen, "Towards an Efficient Computational Framework for Guiding Surgical Resection through Intra-operative Endo-microscopic Pathology.", 18th International Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Interventions (MICCAI 2015), Munich, Germany, October 2015 PDF
- Shaohua Wan, and J.K. Aggarwal, "Robust Object Recognition in RGB-D Egocentric Videos based on Sparse Affine Hull Kernel.", 26th IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshops (CVPR Workshops 2015), Boston, US, June 2015 PDF DATASET
- Shaohua Wan, and J.K. Aggarwal, "Mining Discriminative States of Hands and Objects to Recognize Egocentric Actions with a Wearable RGBD Camera.", 26th IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshops (CVPR Workshops 2015), Boston, US, June 2015 PDF
- Shaohua Wan, Changbo Hu, and J.K. Aggarwal, "Indoor Scene Recognition from RGB-D Images by Learning Scene Bases.", 22nd International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR2014), Stockholm, Sweden, August 2014 PDF
- Shaohua Wan and J.K. Aggarwal, "Scene Recognition by Jointly Modeling Latent Topics.",
IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV2014), Steamboat Springs, CO, US, March 2014
- Shaohua Wan and J.K. Aggarwal, "A Scalable Metric Learning-Based Voting Method for Expression Recognition",
10th International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition (FG2013), Shanghai, China, April 2013.
- Shaohua Wan and J.K. Aggarwal, "Spontaneous Facial Expression Recognition: A Robust Metric Learning Approach", Pattern Recognition, Volume 47, Issue 5, May 2014, Pages 1859–1868. PDF